Athletic Flooring Technician - Praters, Inc.
Full-time | Temp to Hire Position | $13.00 per hour
This job entails renovation work on athletic flooring and accessories to include sanding, installation, base, screening, repairs, painting of floor graphics and application of floor finish, among other things. This position requires that you are willing and able to travel. The work is performed mainly in, but not limited to job sites throughout Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and Kentucky.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Drug test, background check, and TBI fingerprinting required
- The employee must be able to lift 50-100 pounds repetitively
- Must be able to work without constant or direct supervision
- Have the experience or the ability to learn to operate and perform minor job site maintenance on construction equipment or tools such as saws, drills, floor sanders, buffers, nail guns, etc.
- Standing for long periods, lifting, bending, and carrying equipment such as bundles of wood required
- Must be willing to travel as needed. Usual travel days are Monday-Friday
- Hotels will be paid and employees will be provided food per diem if traveling
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime and some weekends
- Must be able to read a tape measure and make the proper calculations for woodcuts
- Good customer service skills to communicate with customers
- Carpentry or construction experience
- General industrial/commercial painting experience
- Hardwood flooring experience preferred