Athletic Flooring Technician - Praters, Inc.
$13.00 per hour | $35 per day Per-Diem allowance | Full-time
This job entails renovation work on athletic flooring and accessories to include sanding, installation, base, screening, repairs, painting of floor graphics and application of floor finish, among other things. This position requires that you are willing and able to travel. The work is performed mainly in, but not limited to job sites throughout Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and Kentucky.
- Must be able to work without constant or direct supervision.
- Must have good customer service skills in order to be able to communicate with Praters customers and explain work progress and address any complaints or concerns they may have.
- Lifting, bending, and carrying equipment and materials such as bundles of wood and/or pails of finish or other heavy objects with weights sometimes exceeding 100 lbs.
- Have the experience or the ability to learn to operate and perform minor job site maintenance on construction equipment or tools such as saws, drills, floor sanders, buffers, nail guns, etc.
- Ability to perform heavy physical work such as hand sanding the edges of hardwood floors.
- Follow the correct procedures for a quality job, performing it safely, and maintaining job site cleanliness as specified in the employee manual or by Management.
- The ability to read a tape measure and make the proper calculations for woodcuts, etc.
- Willingness to travel as needed. The usual travel days are Monday – Friday.
- Willing to work overtime and some weekends.
- Will at all times conduct him or herself as a representative of Praters, Inc. and support Praters missions and goals.
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read a tape measure/ruler competently
- Basic carpentry or construction experience
- Industrial painting experience
- Hardwood flooring experience preferred
- Have a good work ethic and be able to produce high-quality work
- Ability to stand and bend for long periods of time and the ability to lift 100+ pounds periodically
- Able to effectively and efficiently organize, work well on a team but also have the independence to work individually
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be willing to travel overnight
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, & TBI fingerprinting for schools
- Must currently have or the ability to obtain a medical DOT card