Athletic Flooring Carpenter
$20 per hour | $35 per day Per-Diem allowance | Monday - Friday; 7:00am - 4:00pm | Full-time
This job entails renovation work on athletic flooring and accessories to include building, sanding, installation, base, screening, repairs, and painting of floor graphics and application of floor finish, among other things. This position requires that you are willing and able to travel some as well as work local at our Rossville, GA facility
- Must be able to work without constant or direct supervision.
- Lifting, bending, carrying equipment and materials such as bundles of wood, floor panels, pails of finish, or other heavy objects with weights sometimes exceeding 100 lbs.
- Have the experience or the ability to learn to operate all equipment/tools and perform minor job site maintenance on construction equipment or tools such as saws, drills, floor sanders, buffers, nail guns, etc.
- Ability to read and follow job layouts and plans
- The ability to read a tape measure and make the proper calculations for woodcuts, game line painting, etc.
- Must inspect and replace damaged floor pieces or other structures and fixtures
- Ability to perform heavy physical job assignments
- Follow the correct procedures for a quality job, performing it safely, and maintaining job site cleanliness as specified in the employee manual or by Management.
- Instruct and lead assisting employees or laborers
- Willingness to travel as needed. The usual travel days are Monday – Friday.
- Willing to work overtime and some weekends.
- Will at all times conduct him or herself as a representative of Praters, Inc. and support Praters missions and goals.
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior skilled carpentry experience
- Hardwood flooring experience preferred
- Math and problem-solving skills
- Have a good work ethic and be able to produce high-quality work
- Ability to stand and bend for long periods of time and the ability to lift 100+ pounds periodically (with a team)
- Able to effectively and efficiently organize, work well on a team but also have the independence to work individually
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be willing to travel overnight periodically
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) if traveling
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check