ReWarehouse Attendant - Praters, Inc.
$14.00 per hour | Full-time | Mon - Fri; 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
This job entails assisting the inventory manager, warehouse manager, equipment technician, and overall warehouse support. This position will be located at our Rossville, GA location.
- Load and unload trucks, move materials within the facility and from the loading platform by carrying, pushing, rolling, or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, or other material handling equipment as needed.
- safely operate forklifts or other machinery to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, picking, sorting, staging, and transporting materials to proper departments or areas as directed.
- Operate stretch wrap banders.
- Assist with loading and unloading of Portable floors at Praters Portables facility.
- Load equipment and materials onto Prater’s vehicles as directed, unload equipment and materials and return them to inventory locations when materials return.
- Deliver equipment and materials between both Praters Portables and Manufacturing facility.
- Perform equipment and material cycle counts for the potables and manufacturing facilities warehouse, at the direction of the inventory manager.
- Monitor and log equipment inventory
- Keep the portables and manufacturing warehouse area and outside the building (front and back) clean and free of debris.
- Retrieve and dispose of all trash from cans in the office areas and bathrooms each day.
- Regularly empty dumpsters into an open-top and communicate when the open-top is full.
- Assist equipment/maintenance technician as directed
- Willing to work required overtime
- Occasional weekend work required
- Support Praters, Inc. missions and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 – 2 years experience operating a gas-powered forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently
- 1 – 2 years of prior warehouse and/or shipping/receiving experience
- Ability to stand for long periods, lift 50 lbs or more, and manipulate heavy objects.
- Must be able to read and understand inventory documents, pick and delivery ticket data.
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Basic knowledge of different types of power tools/equipment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and Clean MVR
- Must have a DOT Medical Card or the ability to obtain a Medical Card
- Must be able to pass a mandatory pre-employment drug test and background screening.